Whether you are looking for a quick reaction, some broad advice from a seasoned designer or you are looking for help creating and coordinating an entire show, the FMP team can simplify your life AND make your band stand out.
FMP is proud to offer Scott Koter’s design and consultation services. Scott served as program coordinator for the Santa Clara Vanguard and The Cavaliers winning six DCI world championships and a total of 15 top three finishes during that time. Under his direction, Kiski HS was a seven time BOA Grand National finalist and two time Grand National class champion. He has consulted numerous groups* across the country and is a member of the DCI Hall of Fame.
Click here to see a complete list of the groups Scott has consulted.
Scott offers a wide variety of consultation services to fit your needs:
- Video reactions via MP4 recordings
- Written summary of recommendations and road map for improvement
- Written recommendations on musical scores and drill charts
- Survey tool samples to assess goals and plan for the future
- Sample design outlines, storyboards and production lists
- Educational resources for growth in broad and specific areas
- Professional development sessions with staff, students, section leaders or parents via video conference
- On-site consultation and professional development
Conceptual Design and Progam Coordination
Scott can provide guidance in specific design areas or guide you through every step of the design and production process, including:
- Choosing a concept to fit your group’s identity
- Finding potential musical repertoire and resources to find arrangements and arrangers
- Brainstorming and researching potential themes
- Generating and categorizing effect opportunities
- Choosing show titles
- Creating a concise show description to guide staff, designers, students and audience
- Creating an overall storyboard and written outline for each show segment
- Recommendations for visual designers, choreographers or specialists
- Adopting a color palette and finding inspiration for visual imagery
- Establishing a production schedule with due dates
- Adapting the wind and percussion scores for maximum effect and to suit your band
- Choosing costumes, flag designs, equipment and props
- Creating written notes for visual designers
- Producing the written show through visual enhancements and soundscape additions
Rosie Queen will be offering program coordination and consultation services through Fannin Musical Productions. Rosie served as a visual coordinator and color guard director for the Carmel High School Marching Greyhounds from 2003-2019 winning 5 Bands of American National Championships and 5 WGI World Championships during her tenure. For the past 30 years, Rosie has served on the visual teams of many of the top DCI drum corps such as: The Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Madison Scouts, The Cadets and The Cavaliers.
Creating marching band productions is such a TEAM effort – Rosie would love to be a part of your team. She can help bring your ideas & music to life to create a memorable production for your performers. As a band director, you have so many plates to spin at once—Rosie can help you with all things visual! If you need a full show concept from scratch, have some great music you want to use but need some cool visual effect moments, or need help creating an identity for your show and color guard program—Rosie can help!
Some of the areas that Rosie can help with: (choose what is best for your team)
- Overall Design
- Brainstorming a concept to fit your group’s identity
- Researching concepts
- Creating Show titles & overall theme/identity
- Creating a Visual Storyboard
- Orchestration of coordinated effects (music & visual)
- Visual imagery & Field Design
- Prop & Tarp designs
- Drill concepts and design ideas for drill writer
- Color Guard identity
- Color Palette
- Flag Designs
- Non-Traditional Equipment ideas and design
- Choreography notes for choreographers
- Review videos to help the show grow throughout the season with detailed notes for in person staff.
- During competition season if you are getting frustrated with adjudication feedback and need help troubleshooting a certain area of your show—Rosie can help provide solutions and a plan to help your staff improve sections of the show.
- Making sure the concept and ideas are developed throughout the season.
- Following through with the design process!
- Color guard Choreography on video
Create full show choreography and put on video for your performers and staff to learn.
- Special Moments—if you want help creating a special moment through choreography.
- On-site consultations if you want to bring Rosie in to work with your team.